Monday 18 March 2013

Isadora Silk Road - swatches and review

It's Blue Monday today! :) Much happier than it sounds! ;)
This is a blue polish that created a bigg buzz in the Swedish blog sphere when it was released last autumn. I never really understood the thing about this polish actually... But when I saw it at a sale a few months ago I decided to give it a go.
I still don't get the big hype about this polish but it's a beautiful polish with its blurple base with micro glitter in blue, gold and purple. My pictures don't do it justice.


GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT SILK ROAD:

Type of polish: Shimmer/glitter.

Colour: A blurple base packed with blue, gold and purple micro glitter.

Collection: Isadora Jewels of the Orient Collection Autumn 2012.

Opacity: Very good! This is two coats.

Formula: Very good! A nice formula which is easy to work with.

Brush: Excellent! Extra wide which I love! :)

Shine: Shiny on its own so I have no top coat in these pictures.

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Quite accurate. I don't think my pictures show the glitter properly though... The glitter is much more visiable IRL, especially the gold and purple glitter. I also saw a hint of a slight duochrome effect that doesn't show in my pictures either. I guess you have to see this polish live to fully appreciate it! :)

Grade: 3+/5 :)

This polish is currently discontinued so even though I still don't get the big hype ;) I'm glad I got a bottle of it :) It's a beautiful blue polish with a lovely glitter effect! It just doesn't make my world rock ;)

Do you like Silk Road?

16 comments:

  1. Heeeej! :) Den e fin men väcker inte nån Ha begär hos mej, trots rean :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Om inte ens en bra rea kan locka dig så kan du inte gilla den så mycket :P Vi har finare blå i den här klassen tycker jag. Zoya Crystal t.ex! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. Vad mörkblått det ser ut på dina bilder. Jag gillar Silk Road och borde någon gång publicera mina bilder också men det har känts lite överflödigt i och med hypen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det är ju rätt så mörkt, men jag tror min kamera har fångat den lite väl mörk kanske. Nej, visa dina bilder! Jag vill gärna se de!

      Delete
  3. Men så fint lacket är :) behöver det nog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det har ju slutat tillverkas, men om du hittar det så prova det!!

      Delete
  4. Hi lovey, I love Silk Road - it actually reminds me of a beautiful Indian Silk Scarf I got from a friend... But then what is to be expected from a blue-oholic??? However our collections might have grown so big, that we consider this not all too unique??? Have yourself a lovely Tuesday - Küsschen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pet! It must be a lovely scarf!! This polish is quite unique in my collection but it just doesn't make by toes curl ;) lol! Küsschen! xxx

      Delete
  5. Så himla fint! Finast av de varianter av alla liknande lack som släpptes i höstas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kanske är jag orättvis som bara gav lacket en 3:a, men det är så jag känner... Jag såg att du gav det en 5:a! :D Smaken är ju som bekant som baken ;)

      Delete
  6. Ännu ett lack som jag köpte innan hypen, men inte hunnit testa. Kanske dax nu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colour! I like also the glitter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter lifts this blue to another dimension! :)

      Delete
  8. Fin färg! Men har faktiskt inte köpt den själv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Den är fin! Tror den är discontinued nu, men den går säkert att hitta på tradera eller liknande!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!