Saturday 20 July 2013

Vintage Challenge: China Glaze Towel Boy Toy - swatches and review

Today it's time for my favorite golden oldie and for me it was fairly obvious what to show you.

Turquoise is my favorite color above all other colors and especially bright turquoise leaning towards blue. This polish tics all those boxes - meet China Glaze's Towel Boy Toy!

Towel Boy Toy is a fusion of neon and shimmer and it was released the summer of 2010 as part of the Poolside Collection.

If you want to know more about this challenge and how to join it click here.



GOOD TO KNOW:

Type of polish: Neon/shimmer.

Color: A turquoise leaning towards blue packed with bright turquoise shimmer.

Number of coats: Three. You can still see a bit of VNL so perhaps you need four coats.

Formula: A nice formula. The first coat is pretty streaky but after that it gets much better. Easy to control.

Brush: Nice brush. No complaints.

Top Coat: Yes. Due to the neon qualities it dries matte so a top coat is a must if you want it shiny.

Color accuracy in pictures: Fairly accurate, perhaps a bit less blue and more turquoise looking live. This polish was extremely hard to capture!! In most pictures it turned out just plain light blue. It drove me crazy for a while!!

Grade: 5++++/5

I love the color of this polish!! To me it's the perfect turquoise! I normally don't like polishes that requires too many coats but this polish is an exception. I'd apply ten coats if I'd have to to wear this beauty!

How do you like Towel Boy Toy?
What is your favorite vintage polish?

24 comments:

  1. Den är verkligen snygg! Konstigt nog har jag bara använt det en gång.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must wear it again dear Anne! Before autumn arrives :)

      Delete
  2. Hi sweetie, awwwwww what a perfect favorite you had in store for us - I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Towel Boy is like made for you!! I actually looked forward most to todays theme as it brings forward such a variety of beauties!!! Have a wonderful Saturday - viele Küsschen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pet! Thank you! I really like this polish too!! I should wear it more often! Yes, we are showing really different polishes today! All between white and dark dark red :D Very fun!! I'm really looking forward to the nail arts tomorrow! :D I have decided now which one to show ;) Have a great evening darling! Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, love that color! Looks like a freshly filled swimmingpool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy Toy e såååå U! :P Fan vilka vackra klor dy har på fått! Jag hatar dej! :P puss och kraaam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you QT! Yes, it's sooooo my cup of tea! I love it! And don't worry, I have cut my claws a bit shorter by now :P xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ciao bella! Wow, this shade is gorgeous! it looks so great on you. No wonder you love it so much!
    Wanted also to say hi before leaving to Italy! Stammi bene! (sorry if I won't be reading or commenting for the next few days!) bacioni, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Nati e grazie mille!! Mi piace molto!
      Have a lovely holiday in Italy!! I'm so jelous!! Speak to you when you come back!
      Stammi bene cara! Baci! xx

      Delete
  6. Really love this older (first ChG neon grouping as I recall) lovely blue...it was hard to find when it sold out pretty fast - I had to do some digging to get my bottle. After last summer and the rash of neon polishes released - I had to stake stock in how many I did have and how I did not wear them all that much so I would not go nuts this summer when again neons were a big hit...I was temped to buy a couple...but left 'em at the store! I think I have 42 already and that's plenty of neons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is a lot of neons!! But neons are so gorgeous!! You want them all!! So glad you checked our my post and left a comment!! :D

      Delete
  7. This is a GORGEOUS color! Could stare at this whole day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Åhh sååå vackert, underbar färg verkligen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this color too! Its pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since you love turquoise how do you like ChG Turned Up Turquoise? I love that one! This reminds me of an old CoverGirl NailSlicks I have called Cosmic Blue. It's a super duper dusty. I'm going to be purging it from my stash soon. ;) This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like CG Turned Up Turquiose too! But I love Towel Boy Toy more! It's slightly more blue and that's why I love it more I think. I also love the name of this polish! It's fun and witty! I'd love to see that Cosmic Blue!

      Delete
  11. Lovely, lovely, lovely! My favourite color is BLUE, but also turquoise is very appreciate in my heart. <3 It's perfect for summer. I have this jewel in my Helmer, and I love it soooo much. Baci!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blue too and I agree with you, this polish is a perfect summer polish!! Baci!

      Delete
  12. Denna är underbar! :D Har den själv och den är så fin så fin.. har själv funderat på att skaffa dupe på den! :) Jag tycker tom att den är fin matte! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaa! En dupe vore nice! Säg till om du hittar någon!
      Jag måste lära mig att gilla denna matt också ;) Har haft svårt för det :P

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!