Friday 22 February 2013

OPI DS Reflection - swatches and review

It's time for an OPI DS polish! :D DS stands for Designer Series and it's OPI's more exclusive and expensive line of polishes. This is OPI DS Reflection, which is a red/coral/pink polish with both gold shimmer and scattered holo.
This is also my contribution to today's Holo Friday :)


GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT REFLECTION:

Type of polish: Holographic/shimmer.

Colour: A red/coral/pink packed with gold shimmer and micro holo glitter.

Opacity: Excellent! This is two coats but you can easily get away with one coat if you are thorough!

Drying time: Normal, maybe a bit faster than normal actually.

Formula: Excellent! The most perfect formula!

Brush: Excellent! Thick and firm and just wonderful! I could marry this brush! ;)

Shine: Shiny on its own, but I have one coat of Seche Vite in these pictures.

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Fairly accurate. Perhaps a tiny bit darker IRL and more sparkly and glittery too! ;)

Grade: 2/5 :/

Perhaps you are noe wondering why on earth I've only given this polish a 2 when in fact I've written the word excellent three times in my review...? ;) Believe me! The formula is divine! The gold shimmer and holo glitter is heavenly! But I just don't like the base colour... It's an unusual mix of red, coral and pink which I'm sure many of you adore, but I don't :) I don't think it matches my skintone either.
So if any of you would like to to a swop, send me an e-mail ;)

How do you like this OPI DS polish?

22 comments:

  1. Åhh den är fin den här! Läcker röd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag har lite svårt för just färgen, men älskar holot och skimret! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jag visste att det skulle gå hem hos dig Helena! ;)

      Delete
  3. Åh, jag tycker det var jättevackert jag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jättefint, men det kunde fått vara mer holografiskt för min del. Färgen gillar jag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, mer holodust i hade inte varit fel. Det kan liksom aldrig bli för mycket holo i ett lack ;)

      Delete
  5. Jag håller med och förstår ditt betyg. Kollade på OPI DS (flera av dem) senast när jag skulle beställa och många av dem är för...fel färg för mig. Rött, råsa och korall är sånt som inte riktigt gör att hjärtat slår så snabbt, hellre grönt, blått, lila om det ska va så. Undantag finns ju visserligen men oftast så. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag håller helt och full med dig Gelic'! Mer gröna och blå holos till folket!! LOL! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi doll, how did life treat you this week? I totally hear you with this polish - and while this polish looks very pretty and classy!! I think we are just expecting something more into the eye when we think holo or red - what do you think? Plenty of xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi QT! I've had an exhausting week with two jobs... I'm knackered to be honest... I'm having tomorrow off which a must. I really need to rest.
      I agree with you on this polish. I guess I expected more of a OPI DS polish. I didn't get it so I got disappointed. But the blue on in their DS series is gorgeous!!! Do you know which one I mean? Lots of xxx :)

      Delete
  7. Great holo! It's not my colour too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holo and shimmer is beautiful, but the colour not ;)

      Delete
  8. Jag Googla på denna häromdan. Fast nu efter att ha läst din inlägg så blir det inge köp. Tack vare dej sparde jag hela 150kr!!! :D får jag låna din? Pretty please;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nä, använd pengarna till nåt annat! Förresten kostar väl DS-arna typ 250 kr eller nåt sånt? :P
      Ingen verkar vilja byta den ens så dy får låna den :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Not one of my favourite colours, but the shimmer and glitter are fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you like green and blue like I ;)
      I agree on the shimmer and glitter though! :D

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!