Saturday 16 February 2013

Ciaté Cookies and Cream - swatches and review

This nude cream polish is described by Ciaté as a light taupe pastel grey polish. I'd like to describe it as tea with lots and lots of milk in it ;) Look at it with this in mind and you'll almost taste the milky tea in your mouth! ;)

I got this polish in Ciaté's advent calendar. I don't think I would have bought it and tried it otherwise. Nude polishes aren't really my cup of... yes that's right ;) ...tea ;)


GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT COOKIES AND CREAM:

Type of polish: Cream.

Colour: A a light taupe pastel grey.

Opacity: Ok. This is three coats.

Drying time: Normal.

Formula: Very good! Nice texture. It stays were it's supposed to.

Brush: Awful! Uneven and the straws are thick and plastic like. The brushes in the full size Ciaté bottles are wonderful!! This does unfortunately NOT apply to the minibottles.

Shine: Shiny on its own, but I have one coat of Seche Vite in these pictures.

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Accurate. What you see is what you get ;)

Grade: 3/5 :)

Nude polishes are not my favourites, but this nude is quite a nice shade of nude actually. The formula was great but the brush was awful. So for me this is a 3.
I love the cute name though! :D

Which grade would you give Cookies and Cream?

14 comments:

  1. Jag e ju svag för alla nude / mushroomi nyanser, så jag gilla denna :) alot

    -Fast HMs Nerd kan lätt ersätta Ciate. Nerd har bättre täckning, bättre borste och bättre pris! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja du gillar ju nude i alla former! LOL! ;)
      Har du testat din Cookies and Cream då?
      Nerd är lätt bättre! Både pris, formula och borste, som du säger!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Jag tycker som du, är inte så förtjust i nudefärg, men som jag nyss skrev i ett annat inlägg så är det bra att ha såna i samlingen....:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, de kan vara bra grund till nail art och tippar t.ex.

      Delete
  3. Jag kan tycka att nudes kan vara trevligt att ha på naglarna ibland, men är inte det som ma kanske sträcker sig efter först om man ska göra en helnagelsmanikyr. Däremot så är de ju trevliga till diverse nail art's. Vill minnas att du använt detta lack ovan till nail art i något tidigare inlägg :) Tycker också som du att det känns som mjölk och te, inte kakor och grädde. Den borde ha hetat Milky Tea eller Tea n Milk eller nått sånt. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, det stämmer! Jag hade den som grund till en nail art med svarta linjer när det var tema "streck" en söndag. Vilket minne du har!! ;D
      Gillar dina namnförslag bättre än Ciatés! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hello my little flower princess, I hope this day treats you nicely despite your long working hours!!! I am not into nudes but I like them as base color for stamping or a funky multicolored glitter, so I think yours is just perfect - and it suits you so nicely. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello darling!! Thank you! :D
      I agree totally with you on nudes as base for nail art. I used this one as base for my black line nail art a couple of weeks ago.
      Hope all is well with you pet!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. I love it. It is a beautiful color and I love the brand

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Jezzica, how are you?
    I'm not fan of nudes either, but this one suits you really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao cara!
      Grazie mille! I'm a bit tired but so happy to have received your nail mail today!
      Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! <3
      Baci!!
      xxx

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!