Sunday 2 February 2014

Marimekko Räsymatto Nail Art

The theme for today's Nail Art Sunday is "Marimekko" and I couldn't be happier! I love Finnish design and especially Marimekko's patterns! My grandmother was Finnish so Marimekko has a special place in my heart <3

I have actually done Marimekko nails before! About a year ago. Back then I was inspired by their collaboration with Converse. Click here to see that manicure.

This time I chose a pattern called "Räsymatto" which means "rag rug" or "trasmatta" as we say in Swedish ;)

The base is the lovely Nubar Honeysuckle and the dots are made with a tiny dotting tool and a lot of patience ;) with the following polishes:
Ciaté Sugar Plum (lilac)
China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (yellow)
China Glaze Winter Berry (red)
Ciaté Hopscotch (orange)

I was quite pleased with this manicure. The lines are a bit crooked but I love the strong warm colors and the groovy 70's vibe to it ;)

My inspiration: Marimekko Räsymatto

How do you like this Marimekko manicure?
What is your favorite Marimekko pattern?

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love anything with dots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sååå vackert, du har verkligen lyckats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det var härliga färger och fantastiskt bra tolkat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! :-) I love dots and whenever I do a manicure like this I can't help watching my nails every 10 minutes... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verkligen retrofärger, älskar dem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vilken perfekt tolkning! Jättesnyggt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi doll, what a happy dotticure!!! I know Marimekko and just ADORE their happy fun patterns!!! And I bow my head to your patience, "incroyable" - viele Küsschen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hej! Jag trillade precis in här. Vilken fantastiskt fin nailart! Har nog aldrig sett en sån fin förut. Älskar den!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!