Sunday 9 December 2012

Vivienne Westwood Nails or Tartan nail art - swatches

It's Nail Art Sunday again! :D The theme for today is "Trademark/Brand".
Maybe it's a bit far fetched, but the brand I chose was Vivienne Westwood ;) which is a British fashion brand and a British fashion designer.
Vivienne Westwood is famous for her tartan fabrics and clothes. I got inspired by her tartan pattern called "Anglomania".

My inspiration! A Vivienne Westwood tartan dress! :)

As base polish I used "Smoke Signal" from Boot's brand "17". Then I just applied the nail striping tapes. Red first, then gold. Finally some Seche Vite, three coats actually to get it fairly smooth ;)
I won't lie to you and say this was quick and easy, because it wasn't ;) It took me quite some time, but I'm fairly pleased with the result.

What do you think of this mani?
Do you approve my choice of "brand"? :)
 

12 comments:

  1. Jag tycker det där var jättefint. Matchar klänningen du tog inspiration från väldigt bra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Elin! <3
      Jag tror man ser rätt tydligt min inspiration!
      Jag gillar rutigt, men bär det aldrig själv - bara på naglarna då ;)

      Delete
  2. Great minds think alike Jezzica ;) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more!! ;)
      I loved yours too!! <3

      Delete
  3. Hi Jezz, your mani is so chic! I would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Nati!! :D
      Try it!! But be prepared with a lot of patience ;)
      Baci!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Otroligt snyggt!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!