Thursday 1 November 2012

Color Club Winter Affair - swatches and review

Next to be shown from Color Club's Winter Affair Holiday Collection 2012 is the polish that have named this collection, that is Winter Affair ;) A dark maroon with lots and lots of red shimmer/flecks in it! Just look at these pictures! :P

In artificial light

One more in artificial light

In daylight

In halogen light

Close up in artificial light

GOOD TO KNOW:

Type of polish: Shimmer/glass flecks.

Colour: A dark purple base filled with so much red shimmer/flecks that it looks like a warm glowing maroon that glows from within. :D

Collection: Color Club Winter Affair Holiday Collection 2012.

Opacity: Very good! This is two coats, but the second coat made no difference, so I guess you can say this is a one coater! :D

Drying time: Normal.

Formula: Ok if you take quite a lot of polish on the brush and apply it gently. Rather thin formula but not that runny. After a few nails you quickly get the hang of it ;)

Brush: Well... too thin for my approval.. Even thinner than the one in Ho-Ho-Holly.. I don't get it why the brushes vary so much in the same collection...?

Shine: Shiny on its own, but I have one coat of Seche Vite in these pictures.

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Quite accurate. Best pictures are the artifical light pictures. As with the other polishes in this collection, it's much more sparkly and glittery IRL!

Grade
: 3++/5 :)

This is a beautiful dark vampy maroon polish absolutely packed with red shimmer/flecks! I'm sure many of you will love it but it didn't make my heart beat much faster I'm afraid...
Maybe because it doesn't fit my skintone at all... It makes my skin look reddish and almost as if I have a rash or something ;) That is why I only gave it a 3.
The polish itself is stunning! Almost black at the edges and then that sparkly glow in the middle! If you have a more suitable skintone - try it! :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shade! No wonder it gave name to the whole collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wonder why they chose this polish to name the whole collection...?
      I think it has the most catchy name but it's not the most beautiful polish in this collection...
      Just wait until you see the polish I will show tomorrow from this collektion!! ;)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!