Sunday 10 November 2013

Galaxy Nails

The first thing I thought of when I saw the theme for today's Nail Art Sunday was Galaxy Nails! I've been wanting to do them for such a long time! The theme? "Light"!

Did you know that some stars are so distant that when their starlight reach us they have already died? That is how large space is! Mind blowing!

Many galaxy tutorials are so complicated and tell you that you need 6-8 different polishes only to do the galaxy. I took the easy way and had only three - blue, purple and white. A black polish as base and a holo glitter top coat. Done! It doesn't have to be complicated to do galaxy nails!

This was my first try ever to do galaxy nail art and they are far from perfect, but I like them! My colleagues went bananas when they saw them and I take that as a huge compliment :)


How do you like my version of galaxy nails?

14 comments:

  1. Jag tycker att det blev jättefint! Gillar att du har brytit ner det och gjort det lite enklare, som du säger, många Galaxy Nails verkar sjukt komplicerade...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You're so good that you don't need 7 different colors. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vilken härlig manikyr! Jag gillar också enkelheten i det.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect galaxy, full of stars! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! I'm so glad to see that they can be done so beautifully with only a couple polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina NAILS blev mind blowing!!! :D Vill gärna döpa dessa till Milky way, får jag det? får jag det?( *drar i din tröja tills du säger JA) :P puss & kram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi doll, as I told you Hubble Telescope would go bonkers over your Galaxy. And frankly seeing your beautiful interpretation I wonder if using 7 polishes would do anything to improve the result - serious doubts here!!! I also wanted to comment on the Isadoras but post didn't open so I add that just here: Chameleon and the one on your ring finger are strikingly beautiful and so unique - have a lovely start of the week and cuddles to Smilla xxx viele Küsschen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Det är nog bland de snyggaste galaxnaglar jag sett!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!