I've found this great tip on thebeautydepartment.com! The picture belongs to them.
|photos/post/graphic design: Kristin Ess|
How to do it:
1) First start off with a base colour.
2) To achieve the golden speckles, take a small piece of plastic foil and crinkle it up.
3) While holding most of the crinkled plastic in your hand, paint some of the gold nail polish onto the plastic. Before blotting the plastic on your nail, start by dabbing the crinkled plastic onto a paper towel to remove any excess nail polish.
4) Dab carefully on to your nails. You may have to reapply the gold polish onto the plastic bag every couple of nails.
5) Do a clean up to remove access polish.
6) To seal off the manicure apply your favorite clear top coat.
I have tried this and it's not hard, but as we all know - practise makes perfect ;)
You can also apply this technique with other colours of course. Maybe white on black for a black marble effect?
Will you try this technique?
Which colours would you choose?